Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

Not for all of us though.  Only some of us understand that when the elevator doors open, you must wait to let people off before you charge in - if only so that there is more room for our dainty selves.  Only some of us realize that you and your entire family, side-by-side and arms linked of course, cannot just enter the subway car doors without waiting for the arriving passengers to be released.  (And ome of us realize that not waiting in that instance is sometimes taking our lives into our own hands.) 

So, when I arrived at JFK this morning, at the painful time of 5:10 AM (please read that again - 5:10 AM), it was more than not ok for some woman to run over to my car and ask my driver if he could break a $100, all the while blocking me from exiting the car.  I get it, you are too head-up-your-own-ass to realize that you can't go around waving $100 bills without impunity. And I bet you are also in a hurry, probably to catch some sort of plane that is probably leaving in the very near future.  Here's the thing - I am too.  You must wait for me to exit my car, pay, and get on my way before you may hound my driver to assist you in resolving an issue created by your own stupidity and/or self-absorption.

(And look how I got the Tom Petty song title in there.  I am not Bill Lawrence, but that worked out nicely.)

No comments:

Post a Comment