Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Resolution #6 - Devil with the Blue Yoga Pants

Did you ever notice that everyone around you seems to be dressed for an activity in which they are not actually currently participating? Specifically, they are mostly dressed for workouts.  And more specifically, the 'they' is women and the 'workouts' are yoga.  This practice is wrong and it must stop and you must resolve to play your part.


"But yoga pants are so comfortable!" you whine.  Well, you know what is even more comfortable than yoga pants? Pajamas! But do you see me wearing pajamas? Well, you don't really see me at all, but let me assure you that I am wearing a striped top, a funky cardigan, a belt and corduroys


"But I  may do yoga in six or seven hours!" you continue whining.  But you are not in yoga right now. Here is one way you can be sure: Is there a woman at the front of the room saying 'namaste?' No? You are not in yoga class.  Did you have to swipe a card and pass through a turnstile before entering a metal cylinder that is hurtling through the dark? You are on a subway car.  And, to continue my analogy from the paragraph above, I will definitely be sleeping later (even if this seems to offend the dog I am currently dogsitting), and yet, I am wearing those cords and not my cozy pajamas (and let me assure you, I have the very coziest pjs, as they are another of "my things").


Dressing appropriately for the activity at hand is what separates us from the animals. As proof, I offer you Stella, our puppy.  She does downward dog about 50 times a day, and not once has she changed into a pair of lululemons first.

2 comments:

  1. You claim to watch Jersey Shore, yet you also claim that you don't see men wearing track suits? I believe you have also watched The Sopranos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You claim not to watch Jersey Shore, yet you know that the 'men' on that show wear track suits?

    ReplyDelete